Testing your DNA has never been easier and cheaper.
How to do it:
- Order Kit from 23andMe here
- Kit will arrive with a return envelope
- Follow instructions carefully (involves a lot of spitting) and mail back
- In a few weeks information will be available from 23andMe online
- The information available from 23andMe is mostly genealogy and light fluffy stuff
- To get the fitness, nutrition, and supplement information I used Promethease (there are other options below)
- Go to the Promethease website here
- Give Promethease access to your 23andMe data
- For a small fee and in a matter of minutes you'll have more information than you know what to do with.
What I learned for my test:
- I have the MTHFR gene mutation (read here) and I take a supplement (this one) to help counter the effects
- Counter to the current fad of prescribbing everyone a low carbohydrate, high fat diet for weight loss and health, it's possible I could lose body fat 2.5 times faster following a low fat diet (this claim has still not be verified by science)
I'm similar to a large group (88% of the population) who will find it easier to maintain weight loss using HIIT training over conventional endurance training
There was so much more, but just from these three you can see the value in getting tested.
(extra links down below)
If you have any questions please feel free to drop me an email
See you in the gym